The grayest weather of the year makes homes cooler and more uncomfortable, bringing the need to bring the fireplace, heaters or air conditioning back to life. But what if we tell you that there are some tricks that help keep summer at home all year long?
Here are five tips that will help your comfort and, of course, save on the consumption of traditional ‘heating props’:
- In the morning, after waking up, open the blinds and curtains and let the sun come in through the divisions of your home, thereby heating the house and keeping all areas warmer throughout the day.
- The rule is simple: open the windows and close the doors. The key is not to let the heat coming in through the windows spread through the various areas of the house, letting it accumulate and condense in each room.
- There are areas of the house that are tendingly colder. In these cases, the trick is to use and abuse the carpets in these areas, as they create an extra layer of insulation on the floor, keeping the floor warmer.
- It is normal, especially in older homes, for windows and doors to let in some unwanted cold. So buy insulation tapes (which you can find in any DIY store) and apply directly to the door and window cracks.
- By using the oven to prepare family meals, you will avoid the usual dampness of cooking and will get excellent help in warming up your home.
As you have seen, this year, with these tips, winter can literally be out of your home!